Beef & Eggplant Curry
Serves 4, 367 calories per serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 640g stewing beef, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 400g can diced tomato
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Brown the meat in batches and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softening, then add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes with half a cup of water and the beef and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Add the eggplant and cook for a further 20 minutes or until it is very tender.
- Stir the spinach through.
- Combine all topping ingredients and serve with the curry.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with Cauliflower Rice.