We all experience moments of weakness during a workout or while trying to adhere to a healthy eating plan. Here are some tips we've created just for you to help you to stay motivated and successfully make it through the Tony Ferguson 12 Week Program.
We're here with you every step of the way!
- Clean out your pantry and fridge and restock with healthy ingredients needed for the 12 Week Program.
- To tackle hunger, drink between 2-5 litres of water per day and increase your green vegetable intake.
- Exercise is important for mental and physical health. Aim to exercise for 30 minutes per day.
- Use portion control. 5 smaller meals are better than 3 larger meals
- Record your calorie intake and ensure you don't exceed the recommended daily calories required.
- Limit saturated fat and include foods with monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats with omega 3 fats such as nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocado and fish.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Healthy snack options containing natural sugar include yoghurt, nuts and fruit.
- Maintain your gut health by increasing your fibre and vegetable intake and incorporating foods which naturally contain probiotics.
- Lack of sleep slows down your metabolism, try your best to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
- If you struggle a bit with self-motivation, speak with family or friends that can help motivate you. Having a good support network around you is such an important part of your weight loss journey.
- Don't revert to bad habits. Try keep busy by getting involved with activities that may interest you i.e. a cooking or yoga class
- Small changes do make a difference and will ensure you maintain your weight loss.
- Continue to reduce your alcohol and sugar intake, exercise and opt for healthy food options at home and when eating out.