Braised Chicken with Tomatoes & Olives
Serves 4 | 351 calories per serve
- 500g tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- ½ cup pitted black olives, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 640g chicken pieces, skin and fat removed
- ½ cup salt reduced chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a large baking dish toss together the tomatoes, onion, olives, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish with the vegetables, sprinkle with the remaining oil, garlic and herbs and pour in the stock. Roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Rest for 10 minutes. Serve the chicken with the vegetables and pan juice.