Cajun Chicken and Avocado Salad
Serves 4, 398 calories per serve
- 4 x 160g chicken breast pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup baby rocket or spinach
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g snow peas, blanched and halved
- 100g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, stone removed, cubed
- Fat-free French or Italian dressing
- Mix all ingredients for Cajun seasoning in a small bowl until combined. Rub the seasoning over each of the pieces of chicken breast until well coated.
- Cook chicken in a large lightly oiled frying pan until cooked through. Slice the chicken into 1-2 cm thick slices and serve over the avocado salad.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Top with Fat-free French or Italian dressing.