Serves 4, 315 calories per serve
- 640g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 stalk parsley
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 8 black olives (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Steamed vegetables or Notatoes to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are starting to colour.
- Add the stock, sage, stalk of parsley and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, remove the chicken and boil the sauce uncovered until it thickens.
- Add the olives and parsley and serve with steamed vegetables or Notatoes.