Chilli & Lime Salmon with Thai Herb Salad
Serves 4 | 339 calories per serve
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (salt reduced)
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 160g salmon fillets
THAI HERB SALAD:
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and sliced thinly
- 150g grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup loosely packed basil leaves
- ½ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- ½ cup loosely packed coriander
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (salt reduced)
- Chopped red chilli (optional)
- To prepare salmon: in a large bowl combine lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, chilli and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Mix with a fork. Place salmon fillets in the bowl and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Set aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook salmon until golden and crispy on the outside but pink on the inside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve salmon with extra chilli on top if desired. Drizzle any extra dressing over salmon.
Tips: Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein. Omega-3 is essential for good health and cannot be made within the body so needs to be consumed in your diet. When eaten in place of saturated fats, omega-3 helps maintain heart health and may reduce cholesterol levels.