Serves 4 | 300 calories per serve
- 830g canned salmon, drained, bones and skin removed and mashed (500g should be left)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ bunch of watercress, trimmed, washed and dried
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, halved, deseeded and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented (reserve excess juice)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cracked pepper, to season
- Combine all ingredients except the oil, and form into 12 patties. Refrigerate
for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook patties until golden on each side.
- To prepare the salad combine all ingredients in a bowl, including any reserved grapefruit juice. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Serve fish cakes with salad. You could also serve with Notatoes.
Note: if the mixture is too thick, try adding a small amount of salt-reduced stock while blending.