Fruit Toast with Caralised Peach & Spinach Ricotta
- 2 peaches, halved, stone removed
- 2 teaspoons powdered artificial sweetener (or Stevia powder)
- 4 slices fruit loaf e.g. Burgen Fruit or Muesli Bread
- 4 tablespoons low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the cut sides of the peaches with sweetener then place cut side down in the frying pan. Cook for 4 minutes, gently turn and cook for another 4 minutes. Turn again and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and just softened.
- While the peaches are cooking, mix together the ricotta and cinnamon.
- Toast the fruit loaf until golden. Divide between plates then spread 1 tablespoon of spiced ricotta on each toast followed by half a peach (you may slice the peach and distribute evenly). Serve immediately.
Tip: This recipe is a Healthy Snack option and is suitable for all Program phases.