Grilled Vegetable Stack
Serves 4, 221 calories per serve
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and quartered
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 4 large flat mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Spanish onion, thickly sliced
- 480g or 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Spray eggplant, capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms and onion with oil and cook in batches on a heated barbecue or grill plate until tender.
- Combine ricotta cheese, garlic and herbs in a medium bowl. Mix gently.
- Divide the eggplant slices among serving plates. Layer with ricotta cheese
- mixture, zucchini, capsicum and mushroom. Top with another layer of ricotta cheese and onion.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper.