Healthy Deviled Eggs
Serves 4, 130 calories per serve
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- Dash of lemon juice
- Optional flavouring: add a dash of hot sauce and/or garlic powder
1. Boil the eggs in a large saucepan and continue adding cold water until it covers the eggs by 2 inches. Cover the pot with a lid and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes. Once the eggs have sat for 10 minutes, remove from the water and drop them into the ice bath until completely cooled.
3. Peel the egg shells and cut the eggs in half, lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the yolk.
4. Mash the yolk with a fork, then stir in the yoghurt, mustard, lemon juice and optional flavourings. If the filling isn't creamy or silky smooth, add a spoonful more of yoghurt
5. Fill a piping bag (you can also use a spoon) with the filling and pipe into the whites.