Hearty Beef Casserole
Serves 4 | 325 calories per serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 640g lean blade steak, cubed
- 2 cups salt reduced beef stock (salt reduced)
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 button squashes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Heat half the oil in a heatproof casserole dish, over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic until soft. Remove from dish and set aside.
- Heat half the remaining oil in the casserole dish on high. Season the beef with salt and pepper, add half to the dish and cook until brown. Remove and repeat with remaining beef.
- To the empty dish, add the stock and bring to the boil. Return onion, garlic and beef to dish then add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and spices.
- Return to the boil, cover and place in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove, add squash and return to oven to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with Notatoes (cauliflower mash) or Cauliflower Rice.