Italian Eggplant Bake
Serves 4, 76 calories per serve
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes, drained
- Fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180?C
- Halve eggplants lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Dice the flesh and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the eggplant skins and simmer for 2 minutes or until just softened. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat and stir fry the diced eggplant, zucchini, garlic, beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper until the vegetables are soft.
- Fill the eggplant shells with the vegetable mixture and place on a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish