Serves 1, 423 calories per serve
- 160g lean lamb (e.g. trimmed lamb shoulder or backstrap), diced
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 onion, chopped into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, cubed
- 1/2 cup green beans, sliced
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1/2 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic OR 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fresh dates, quartered
- 2 teaspoons fresh or diced coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Spray oil
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Add onion, garlic and lamb
and cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft and lamb is beginning to brown.
Add paprika, turmeric and stir through.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and ¾ cup water, bring to the boil and then
simmer for 40 minutes. Add pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes or until pumpkin
has started to go soft. Add beans, dates, coriander and eggplant and cook
for another 10 minutes or until vegetables and lamb are soft
3. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to packet instructions.
4. Serve tagine with couscous.