Mexican Beef, Beans & Vegetables
Serves 1, 460 calories per serve
- 80g lean beef mince meat
- 1 cup kidney beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup cooked basmati rice
- ½ cup capsicum
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¾ tin tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon reduced salt taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of avocado
- 1 teaspoon extra light cream cheese
- 1 chilli (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and capsicum and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes, or until brown.
- Add chilli, taco seasoning, kidney beans and a tablespoon of water. Stir through well to combine ingredients and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through mushrooms and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, avocado, extra light cream cheese and tabasco sauce (if preferred).