Pork Scaloppini with Salsa
Serves 4 | 291 calories per serve
- 2 zucchini, cut into 5mm cubes
- ½ red capsicum, cut into 5mm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 green olives chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 5mm cubes
- ½ cup shredded basil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 x 160g thin pork steaks
- Olive oil spray
- ½ cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- Salt to season
- 2 zucchini, sliced into ribbons and blanched until tender to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To prepare the salsa line a baking tray with baking paper and add the zucchini, capsicum and garlic. Spray with oil and roast for 10-15 minutes or until softened. Toss with the remaining ingredients.
- Using a meat mallet pound the steaks until 5mm thick. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat (the pan needs to be very hot) and spray with olive oil. In batches, cook the steaks quickly on each side. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken stock, and simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and reduce slightly. Season to taste. Toss the steaks in the sauce and serve sprinkled with capers.
- Serve with the salsa and blanched zucchini.