Pork Skewers with Stir Fried Vegetables
Serves 4, 224 calories
- 640g pork fillet, diced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into strips
- 100g shitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 baby bok choy, quartered lengthways
- ½ cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 100g snow peas, sliced lengthways
- Coriander leaves or parsley to serve
Note: use gluten free soy sauce if you are gluten intolerant.
- If using bamboo skewers they will require pre-soaking.
- Combine the diced pork with the Chinese five-spice and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and set aside for half an hour
- Thread the pork evenly onto 8 skewers. Preheat a grill plate to high and spray the pork with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile heat a wok or heavy based frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add the onion, capsicum and mushrooms and stir fry until starting to colour. Add the garlic, bok choy, stock and remaining soy sauce. Stir fry until just wilted then add the snow peas.
- Remove from heat and serve with the pork skewers and fresh coriander leaves. You may like to serve this dish with a side of Cauliflower Rice.