Roast Beetroot & Pumpkin Salad
Serves 1 | 344 calories per serve
- 2-3 baby beetroots
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 cup chickpeas, washed and drained
- ½ cup pumpkin, cubed
- 15g reduced fat feta
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash beetroot and remove stems and roots.
- Wrap beetroot individually in aluminium foil and place on baking paper on an ovenproof tray. On the same tray place the cubes of pumpkin and spray with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until beetroot and pumpkin are soft then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove foil from beetroot and cut into quarters (lengthways). (TIP: wear rubber gloves to do this so your hands don’t get stained).
- Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpeas and rocket in a large mixing bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Toss to combine. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top. Season with salt and pepper if desired.