Spaghetti Bolognaise with Meatballs
- 300g heart smart beef mince
- 1/2 cup grated low fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 x 400g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g sliced button mushrooms
- 250g wholemeal spaghetti
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 190C. Combine the mince, cheese, dried herbs, 1 clove crushed garlic, zucchini and carrot in a large bowl and mix together with hands. Form into 12-20 balls and place on a tray.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened zthen add the remaining crushed garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat cover and set aside.
- Brown the meatballs in a non stick frying pan with remaining oil for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to an oven tray lined with non stick baking paper and bake for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- To serve, reheat the tomato sauce and add the baby spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted then fold through the meatballs and pasta. Cook for another couple of minutes then serve topped with basil leaves.