Serves 1 | 362 calories per serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 640g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ½ carrot, grated
- 1 cup tomato passata*
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce
- ½ green cabbage, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded basil leaves (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the meat and stir until well coloured.
- Add the onion, garlic, capsicum and grated carrot. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the passata, tomatoes and soy sauce and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the cabbage and cook until just softened, about 1 minute. Strain.
- Place cabbage in pasta bowls, top with bolognese sauce and shredded basil.