Serves 4 | 273 calories per serve
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium eggplants cut into thick slices lengthways
- 1 large red capsicum, seeds removed and quartered
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 x 160g lean beef steak
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Hot English mustard
- Heat barbecue. Lightly spray eggplant and capsicum with olive oil and cook on the grill until tender. At the same time, on the hotplate side cook mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Lightly spray steaks with oil and cook on grill until done as desired, turning once during cooking.
- Prepare rocket salad by adding rocket, oil and vinegar in a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- To serve place a slice of eggplant on the plate. Top with capsicum and steak. Spread a small amount of mustard on the steak and top with grilled onion and mushroom. Place another slice of eggplant on top of the stack and serve with the rocket salad on the side.