Steak with Onion Salsa
Serves 4 | 331 calories per serve
- 2 large red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 x 160g lean beef steak
- On a heated, oiled barbecue plate grill the onion and tomato cut side down until blackened on both sides. Remove from heat, roughly chop and place in a bowl.
- To the bowl add parsley, basil, balsamic vinegar and oil and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Toss until combined.
- Cook steaks on hot barbecue plate until done as desired. Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve steak topped with onion salsa, extra parsley and fresh green salad or a serve of “Notatoes”.
TIP: For extra flavour try adding fresh chilli or ground cumin to the salsa before serving.