Stir Fried Pork Mince with Eggplant
Serves 4 | 350 calories per serve
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1½ teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce*
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm piece ginger, grated
- 640g lean pork mince
- ½ cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- Steamed asian greens to serve
*Note: use gluten free soy sauce if you are gluten intolerant.
- Gently fry the Szechuan pepper (if used) in a small pan until fragrant, then grind with a spice grinder or pestle and mortar.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the eggplant and fry until light golden. Set aside.
- Combine the soy sauces, chilli, garlic and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok until hot and stir fry the pork until cooked and well coloured. Add the soy sauce mix and stir until it comes to the boil then add the stock and rice wine. Cook until liquid is reduced and stir through the eggplant and spring onion. Serve with the pepper and extra spring onions sprinkled on top.