Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
Serves 4, 276 calories per serve
- 22 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon five spice powder
- 640g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 150g snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
*Note: use gluten free soy sauce if you are gluten intolerant.
- Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon of water, half the ginger and garlic and the five spice powder in a bowl. Add the tofu, stir to combine and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the tofu on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes turning once. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok over medium/high heat. Stir fry the onion for 1 minute. Add remaining garlic, ginger, chilli paste, capsicum, snow peas and bok choy and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and tofu and stir until heated through.