Yoghurt Chicken with Mango Chutney
Serves 4 | 273 calories per serve
- ½ cup low-fat unsweetened plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 640g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm strips
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- Coriander leaves and an onion and tomato salad to serve
- Combine the yoghurt with the lemon juice, garlic, ginger and spices. Add the chicken and marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- To prepare the mango chutney combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until they form a coarse paste (still with some texture).
- Heat a char grill, barbeque or frying pan over medium heat.
- Thread the chicken strips onto skewers, season and cook until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the mango chutney with the chicken, coriander leaves and a tomato and onion salad.