Zucchini & Ricotta Frittata
Serves 4 | 198 calories per serve
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites, separated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 200g reduced fat ricotta cheese, loosely crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup small basil leaves, loosely packed
- Preheat grill to high.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and garlic in a bowl.
- Gently fold in zucchini and ricotta and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 20cm diameter frypan (with metal handle) over medium heat. Pour in zucchini mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes until just set around the edges but still runny in the middle.
- Remove from the heat and place under the grill about 6cm from the heat source for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and just set. Remove from the grill.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Serve frittata with cherry tomatoes sprinkled with basil leaves and freshly cracked black pepper.